Chapter Eleven
Everything is silent. Everything is still and soundless. My stomach flutters and i let out a slight sigh of relief. I slowly back away from the slumbering Elvira, and slowly pace myself towards the mountains that border this deserted land. I know it won't be dark out forever, though. I must move quickly.My legs ache so terribly bad, and my side is throbbing. I feel like crying from exhaustion. Over the towering mountains I can see the pink horizon, meaning that the sun is soon going to be overhead of Elvira and myself. What would happen if she were to see me trying to escape her? Would she slit my throat? Would she leave me here alone without food or water? Food. I now realize how incredibly hungry i have become, and how dry my throat is. I'm going to starve to death out here!Without warning, my thoughts abruptly stop with a lurch of my insides. My throat begins to swell, and my mind is frozen. my legs are immobile. I turn around and face the east, daring to gaze upon the face which had just uttered my name."Leaving so soon, are we?" she smiles devilishly. Crap. As she moves her right leg towards me, i move my left back."Now, Cessy, I thought we were friends? I thought I could trust you. Whatever am I to do with you now?". Every word she says sarcastically. I just stare at her, shaking terribly. My legs take off underneath me, yet my eyes are still glued to her. I am so weak! Run faster! Faster! As i begin to gain speed, i think of where I’m going to run. All of the land is flat. I am so exposed. i turn my head to in front of me. No. She can't stop me now. I'm much too far ahead of her. But, my hunger gets the best of me, and I fall face first into the dry grass.
I am now conscious. Afraid to open my eyes, I keep them closed. I feel as though I’m flying. Warm air caresses every inch of my weak body. For some unexplainable reason, I am not in the least bit frightened any more. I jerk my eyes open. Horse hair. Golden horse hair. What? Wings! Have a sprouted wings? Am I in heaven? Am I dead?"Cecilia!" I turn my head to the deep, yet somewhat boyish, English accented voice. It is the horse. No! It is a man. It is a man-horse... The one that Elvira had taken the life of in her hostile turn of heart. But no, it wasn't the same one. That one was white. This one is gold. What did she call it again? A cetagal."What's happening?" I question fearfully."She's still close behind, you need to trust me. Hang on". I grab onto the smooth mane of the cetagal, and say, “Okay, I trust you". We take off into the grey sky. We soar above the clouds. I laugh as exhilaration rushes throughout myself. I can feel it in my toes. I can feel it in my face. He laughs too, in seeing how much I am enjoying this. I feel as light as air. We fly over the brown, flat lands. We soar over thick, dark woods."Here's our stop" he whispers through a smile. It's the river that I have been forbidden from. We land right in front of the shimmering water. Without a word, he trots across the river, his hooves splashing so gracefully.The cetagal bows in front of a rock, I slide off of the magnificent beast, and I sit on the boulder. I study him. His glowing face is quite handsome."You must be hungry" he assumes as he saunters to a fruit-bearing tree. I let the lush grass tickle my bare feet."I am" I reply quietly. I watch as he reaches his two human arms up too the tree, and grabs a peach the size of my head. I thankfully take it and devour my first bite. Red juice slithers down my chin as I chew the most delicious peach I’ve ever eaten."Thank you, for saving me" I gratefully murmur."You're quite welcome. That woman is evil. We need to get you out of here Cessy. We need to get you home". His eyes appear so worried, yet beautiful.I grin, and I ask, "Who are you?"
This is my way to get my writting heard. It is my life. When you read, you think it is fantasy. But it is partly based on reality from my own life. Enjoy =].
About Me
*****
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(14)
-
▼
January
(13)
- Chapter FifteenAll I can think about is that beaut...
- Chapter FourteenWhen I awaken I feel oddly cold. I...
- Chapter ThirteenOkay. That's it. I've had it with ...
- Chapter Twelve"My name's Adler". I've now finished...
- Chapter ElevenEverything is silent. Everything is ...
- Chapter TenI can still see its face in my mind as ...
- Chapter NineI have never felt like this. Ever. I a...
- Chapter Eight“Hello there. I thought you would nev...
- Chapter SevenA door. An old, stone door. I am star...
- Chapter SixPeople only kill for three reasons. Tho...
- Chapter FiveOh my! The house! My house! It’s huge!...
- Chapter FourI hope that she knows, that I will nev...
- Chapter Three"Wake up honey!" I heard my mom screa...
-
▼
January
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment