Chapter Ten
I can still see its face in my mind as we wander on. The anguished serenity of the pure creature haunts me. It still feels as if the whole entire world has fallen. The whole entire world has been defeated. I don't hide my tears.Long time, no see, Reader. We have some catching up to do.You know how it feels when you see something so melancholy, and so terrible, that it makes you sick? How you can feel the sadness build up in the deepest, darkest corner of your stomach? Yes, you do. Keep that dreadful sensation in mind.I cannot get over this feeling I'm experiencing. I think on it, so hard, that I forget everything. I long to let go, but I'm almost intrigues."Here" she says. Her voice is sharp as a blade. It's so harsh."Elvira, what was that? What was the creature?" I say as we come to a stop. It is the first moment I have uttered any word to her, since the terrible murder. She completely ignored me. She lies herself down onto the ground. She closes her eyes, and rests her head on her hands."A cetagal" she wearily answers. She faces herself away from me."Rest yourself, Cessy". I am not at all tired. Even though that is true, I gently lay on the sharp ground. The earth is so dry, that i can hear the grass break beneath my body. I try hard to fall asleep! But I can‘t. I close my eyes. They are only shut for a minute until I am forced to reopen them. I know that I will not be able to sleep. So, I will wait. I look up, and the moon is barley shown. The sun is still setting, and it is not dark. When the moon is high, and the darkness is covering all, I will go. Until then, I will be hushed. I will silently wait.
I can not stay here any longer. Perhaps nothing will happen if I do. Chances are, something will happen, though. Something horrible. Something lethal. I have to go. It feels as though I have no other choice. It's either this, or death.I have thought it over, not as thoroughly as i would have liked, but there is no time to waste. The time is now. I widen my eyes, and carefully push myself off of the ground. I try to see through the dark. It's not that difficult, considering the moon, the stars, and the clear night. I glance back at Elvira. Her ribs move up and down in sync with her heavy breathing. Is she asleep? I can't dwell on any significant questions. Only time, and courage will tell. I begin to make my way west, away from any where we've been, and away from any place familiar. But, I quickly halt. What protection do I have? What am I to do if I encounter anything, or anyone, who is rather unpleasant? Realizing that the answer to both these questions is "nothing", I softly inch my way back to Elvira. My shaky hand crawls towards her sash. Luckily, she is laying on the side opposite of where the pocket, containing the dagger, is. Ever so gently, I grasp the handle of the bloody dagger, and pull it out of the pocket. I don't begin to breathe again yet, for it is not over.
This is my way to get my writting heard. It is my life. When you read, you think it is fantasy. But it is partly based on reality from my own life. Enjoy =].
About Me
*****
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(14)
-
▼
January
(13)
- Chapter FifteenAll I can think about is that beaut...
- Chapter FourteenWhen I awaken I feel oddly cold. I...
- Chapter ThirteenOkay. That's it. I've had it with ...
- Chapter Twelve"My name's Adler". I've now finished...
- Chapter ElevenEverything is silent. Everything is ...
- Chapter TenI can still see its face in my mind as ...
- Chapter NineI have never felt like this. Ever. I a...
- Chapter Eight“Hello there. I thought you would nev...
- Chapter SevenA door. An old, stone door. I am star...
- Chapter SixPeople only kill for three reasons. Tho...
- Chapter FiveOh my! The house! My house! It’s huge!...
- Chapter FourI hope that she knows, that I will nev...
- Chapter Three"Wake up honey!" I heard my mom screa...
-
▼
January
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment